This page will be updated regularly as we continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19. Last Updated: August 27, 2020
SERVICES VIA ZOOM
All services are held on Sundays at 10:30am on Zoom. For those who would like to join the service via teleconference, the number is 1-301-715-8592. The Meeting ID is 632 068 0813. We hope to be able to provide most of what you have come to expect from a UUFF worship experience, as well as virtual breakout rooms for children’s Religious Education. Services will remain remote until further notice.
CLOSING OF FELLOWSHIP BUILDING
The church will close except for essential services. This will apply to all our renters as well. Rev. Doug will continue to be available for 1:1 counseling and meetings in his office. Our Office Administrator, Nancy Michael, will be doing some of her work at home but will need to come into the office from time to time to check the mail and issue checks. Therefore, the regular office hours will not be in effect while we in this State of Emergency. The best way to reach the office at this time is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will respond as she is able.
GROUP MEETING POLICY (UPDATED AUGUST, 2020)
Please click here for a more detailed pdf version of the Group Meeting Policy
- All groups of more than 10 but less than 20 people must meet outdoors. No groups of more than 20 people may meet at this time.
- Groups of 4-10 people wishing to meet inside must email the office at email@example.com for approval at least one week in advance.
- Groups of 3 people or less may meet inside the Fellowship at any time.
- All participants in any group will practice social distancing and will remain six feet apart or more at all times.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Participants will not share materials.
- Group leaders must keep a list of all participants present.
Groups Meeting Outside:
- Groups meeting outdoors may remove their masks to eat, although participants must remain at least six feet apart and may not share food or other materials.
- Groups may meet on the Fellowship grounds or in other outdoor locations.
Groups Meeting Inside:
- Groups of 4-10 people may meet inside only in the Sanctuary space.
- If your group requires any equipment other than chairs, this must be requested from the Office Administrator, and all directives on use of those items must be followed.
- If a participant needs to remove their mask for activities like singing, that participant needs to be at least 10 feet apart from all other participants. Only one member of the group may remove their mask at a time.
- Groups may not meet for any longer than 90 minutes.
Anyone needing to enter the Fellowship building for any reason, including using the restrooms for those meeting on Fellowship property, must:
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Sign in upon entering the building on the sign-in sheet provided.
- Immediately wash their hands at the sink in the foyer.
- Use Clorox spray provided to wipe surfaces they touch while in the building.
The sick person policy remains in effect for all activities connected to the Fellowship.
ASSISTANCE FOR THOSE IN NEED
Should you be a person who lives alone and might need assistance, let Rev. Doug, Michele Nierle, or Diane Elstein know of your circumstances. If you know of someone in our community needing support, please pass on that information.
During the time of COVID-19, we want to ensure that everyone is getting the supplies and services that they need. Two forms have been created: one for volunteers and one for those wanting help with getting groceries, pharmacy needs, and/or babysitting. Please contact Michele Nierle or Elizabeth Cameron if you have any questions or concerns.
For those who want to volunteer, please click here to fill out this form.
For those who would like help with getting groceries, pharmacy needs, and/or babysitting, please click here to fill out this form.